We are proud to be a registered member of “Clean Air Counts.”
Clean Air Counts
As an environmentally responsible and aware “Green is Keen” manufacturer, we have engineered the strictest environmental controls and power conservation into our facility.
The Sustainable Future
of Flexible Packaging
At PPC Flexible Packaging, we have continuously improved programs regarding environmental controls, including:
- Our purchase and installation in 1990 of a catalytic oxidizer was years prior to any requirements — the first to do so in our area.
- Updating our oxidizer in 2005.
- Updating our oxidizer in 2010.
- Updating our oxidizer in 2012 to a regenerative thermal oxidizer, which runs on natural gas to reach operating temperature and then uses VOC emissions as fuel.
- Isolating, containing and destroying emissions from the Press Room.
- Hiring a professional environmental control consultant to monitor the facility and assure EPA standards are meet.
- Installing a solventless non-VOC emitting laminator.
- Purchasing and using electrically powered forklifts.
- Changing the plant lighting to a low energy fluorescent for 25% reduction in power consumption.
- We have enacted a “lights off” energy conservation policy in areas that do not receive traffic and during lunch breaks.
- The recycling of our plastic scrap and paper.
- Recycling office paper and other reusable/recyclable products.
- Recycling our aluminum and steel scrap.
- Out of date computers are donated instead of being thrown out.
- Our 10-color press has drying and ventilation energy savings of 20%.
We offer a variety of consumer flexible packaging. Click through to see the many types of products we offer.
We are experts in healthcare and other cleanroom packaging industries. Click through to see the breadth of what we offer.